25 Oct Lockout Energy Control and You: Where Do You Fit?
Lockout Energy Control and You: Where Do You Fit?
When it comes to lockout energy control workers fit into one of the following three categories.
- Affected person: performs his/her job in an area where lockout energy control is implemented and service or maintenance operations are performed. Does not service or maintain machines or equipment.
- Examples: Operators, engineer, or supervisor
- Authorized person: performs service or maintenance on machines and equipment. Uses lockout.
- Example: Skilled trade workers and non-skilled trades workers who unjam parts on equipment
- Competent person: a management-designated person with the knowledge and skills to inspect/audit the Lockout Energy Control Program.
- Example: Engineer, maintenance supervisor, or safety supervisor
When it doubt remember
Affected: by lockout
Authorized: to lockout
Competent: to inspect lockout